"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." ~Roald Dahl

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Welcome to Third Grade!


August 5, 2013
Dearest Third Grader,                         

Welcome to third grade! My name is Ms. Senecal and I am thrilled to be your teacher. It is sure to be a year of learning and adventure!

I can’t wait to meet you, but let me tell you a few things about myself. I grew up in Upstate New York (not the big city) and had fantastic teachers which made me want to be one. After college, I spent a year living on the Mississippi River, rebuilding houses in New Orleans, and digging trail in Illinois. Before I came to Montana, I taught fourth graders in Virginia. I love to hike, travel, and read.
Third grade is a very important year. You will become an explorer, a mathematician, and an author! Are you ready?
Supplies
·        1 package of #2 pencils sharpened
·        2 pink erasers
·        1 pencil pouch or box
·        2 yellow highlighters
·        4 wide-ruled composition notebooks
·        4 folders with pockets (1 each - blue, green, yellow, and one of choice)
·        1 set of crayons, markers, or sharpened colored pencils (your choice)
·        1 pair of scissors
·        2 glue sticks
·        1 bottle of liquid glue
·        1 pack of 2” X 2” yellow post it notes
·        1 old, clean sock for a whiteboard eraser
·        1 backpack
·        1 water bottle
Please label your backpack, water bottle, and scissors with your name. Sharpening pencils and colored pencils, as well as taking supplies out of packaging, are time savers. Please stick to the list as closely as possible.
Love,

Ms. Senecal

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just sent an email to the address posted, but not sure when you'll be able to check it, so thought I'd leave a message. I wish you a happy rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete